This page provides two lists of events: events related to HelloWallet’s method for building behavior-change products and events in the broader DC community about behavior-change products: the Action Design DC meetup.
Action Design Events
Upcoming Presentations on Action Design
One of us will be speaking about Action Design at the following events:
- Connected Health Symposium, 25 October 2013
- Society for Judgement and Decision Making, 16 November 2013
- World Bank (Behavioral Econ Series), 19 November 2013
- TechCoctail Week, 11-3 December
- SXSW, March!
Done and Gone
- UX Camp DC, 5 Jan 2013: I gave a 30-minute talk at the UX Unconference. Here are slides.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 27 Feb 2013, 2pm
- MobileUX Camp and UXCamp Lightning Redux, 28 Feb 2013, 6:30. At nClud.
- NoVA UX. 13 March 2013, 6:30pm. Here are slides.
- Refresh Baltimore, April 18, 2013 , 6:30pm to 8:30. Here’s the video, and the slides.
- 1776 DC Drink & Learn, April 23, 2013, 5:30pm to 6:30
- Product Camp DC, April 30th, 2013, 6:30pm to 8:30
- World Bank Startup Weekend, 9-11 May
- Behavioral Finance Forum, May 31 (Discussant)
- 1776 DC Drink & Learn, June 4, 2013, 5:30pm to 6:30
- CFSI Underbanked Financial Services Forum, 6 June (Miami)
- Mercer Webinar: The Art and Science of Behavior Change, July 11, 2013
- Refresh DC, July 18, 2013
- O’Reilly Webcast, 7 August 2013
- PopTech “Towards the Better Banked” 17 September 2013
- O’Reilly Webcast, 26 September 2013
- World at Work Webcast, 1 October 2013
Other DC-Area Events
Here’s a list of events from the Action Design DC Meetup, a forum for practitioners to share their experiences with behavior-changing products:
- 13 August 2013, Action Design DC hosts Dr. Anastasiya Pocheptsova on How Emotions Affect Consumer Decisions
Done and Gone
- 15 Jan 2013, Action Design DC Meetup: LivingSocial speaking on behavior change and coupon redemption. Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/ScottStroud1/action-design-dc-livingsocials-increasing-focus-on-behavioral-change
- 12 Feb 2013, Action Design DC Meetup: NPR speaking on engagement with the news. Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1roAOJ9KPWu8aCQx4gpR4ocB62xmjd6IVDNjmcWHtvXs/edit?usp=sharing
- 19 March 2013, Action Design DC Meetup, Fogg’s Behavior Design and Behavior Model. Here are the slides.
- 16 April 2013, Action Design DC Research Talk: John Beshears from Stanford, and Katherine Milkman from Wharton Slides are here.
- 14 May 2013, Action Design DC Meetup, Deena Rosen from Opower, Director of UX
- 30 May 2013, Action Design DC Research Talk: Jonathan Zinman from Dartmouth
- 11 June 2013, Action Design DC Meetup, Gerrol Spencer from SPARK Experience, CEO
comments powered by Disqus