Last week, I gave a 2.5 hour workshop at SXSW to a packed house of participants, using the new toolkit. Things went well, and I’m happy to share the new version with everyone. The toolkit provides:
- A one-page summary of the key steps required before your users can take action (to exercise more, to take control of their finances, to build the habit of logging in and engaging with the app, etc.).
- A brief set of techniques you can use to discover what exactly is the right behavior to target.
- A list of behavioral interventions you can use, depending on the obstacle your users are facing.
- 6 pages of practical exercises to plan, design, implement, and refine products that help users take action.
- Some nifty illustrations that summarize the core ideas.
Also, if you’re interested in the slides, you can find them on Slideshare.
As always, comments and critiques are warmly welcomed. Also, please drop me a line to tell me how you’re using the toolkit. I’d love to hear from you.